Wednesday, September 19, 2012

~ Creating Waves ~

When I want curly hair, I make sure that I begin getting ready about 45 minutes earlier than I normally would.  I grab my trusty Scunci claw clip, put up half of my hair and begin with a large barrelled curling iron. Half an hour, and half a head of hair later, I'm already thinking of heating up my straighenter and giving up.  Also, I can never create the look I want, it always looks the same.  To sum it up, curling my hair is a hassle.  Then I saw this pin:


Who would have thought it would be so simple to curl your hair?  I had to give this a try!


I started with my favorite straightener that gets really hot (sorry for the bad lighting in the pictures, my bathroom isn't very picture friendly).


I do have to admit that this was my second attempt at this hairstyle.  So when sectioning off my hair, I decided to use large sections for a bigger wave look


I started by brushing out the section of hair so my curls would be nice.


Then simply twist!  How tight or loose you curl your hair will create a different look.  Tighter = smaller waves, or a more crimped look; Loose = wavy, relaxed look


Since I used a thin straightener, I tried to angle it along the twist so I covered as much hair as possible at once.  I would recommend using a straightener with wider plates.  You can either hold the straightener in place for 10-20 seconds then move down, or slide it down the twist multiple times.


After you finish with one twist, leave it together as you do the other sections of your hair.  As your hair cools, it will hold the curl in place.


This twist of hair had a lot of little pieces sticking out, so as I ran my straightener over it, I twisted it around my hair to curl them.


After I finished all the sections of my hair, I brushed my teeth, and continued getting ready for work with the twists still intact.  Right as I was ready to leave, I separated the twists by running my fingers through them.


The sections that I twisted that were larger and more loose than the others, turned out exactly how i wanted  them, wavy and loose.  the smaller sections looked a little frizzy and like a crimp style gone wrong.  don't worry I redid them for work.  I'm definitely going to continue to perfect this way of styling my hair.  It is so simple and doesn't take a lot of time.  I recommend it!

Don't forget to follow my pinboards and suggest something for me to try!!


No comments:

Post a Comment